A Novel

I write my own story. For those of you who don't like it, well, as if there is anything you can do other than f-off :P

Follow your heart

It is Sunday I really hope I could have one more day to splurge. And here, my definition of one more day doesn't imply me taking mc/el, but the whole world is resting/chilling too. I tried pampering myself with a day off from work and ended up sending emails in office while watching Xmen: First class. The world just doesn't stop for anyone. Wait a minute, does that just make me a slave to the world? What the hell.

I went out with old college mates yesterday. It was originally planned as a bar-drinking get together and for some reason we all ended up in a club. It has been a year since we last get together for club and dance. Everything felt so different now. Everyone has more story to tell, more dissatisfaction, more troubles, more shits, more unspeakable pressure. It is as if we are the salve to life, nothing is ever within our control or the way we want it to be.

And I must remind myself, life is too short and insignificant for us to cling on the unnecessary or to be bounded by rules, time, or our fear.

“Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
- Steve Jobs -

0 comments: