A Novel

I write my own story. For those of you who don't like it, well, as if there is anything you can do other than f-off :P

A Crappy Mind

23 April 2009, Thursday, 7pm, at 95% Advertising Academy. My first job interview.

I am not hunting for a job, at least not in the coming 1 year.

I go for it anyway, who knows I might secure myself with a job in the future? Janet from 95% text me and asked me to go for an interview.

I saw this book when I was browsing through Times bookstore.
They Don't Teach Corporate in College by Alexandra Levit.

When straight-A student Alexandra Levit graduated from college, she was hell-bent on skipping up New York City’s corporate ladder. But after six months on the job, Levit was so stressed out that she was ready to ditch the business world completely and head to law school. Eventually, by sticking around and paying attention to the few people around her who weren’t dropping from stress-induced coronaries, Levit developed many of the qualities crucial to staying sane and building a career. By her mid-twenties, she had been promoted four times.

I knew I had to read this book! I was quite skeptical of self-development books, never really thought it might help. You see, I don't believe you can learn people skill through reading a book. And now, I would have to change my perception. At the end of the day, I might not be able to fully comprehend and apply every things from the book. I am hoping it might lead to new discovery...of the corporate world or myself.

I am reading it before my interview, and it really got into my nerves. Frankly, I didn't do much preparation apart from the make-up and clothes! I am girl, what do you expect??! Here are a few questions I have sorted out:

Tell me about yourself.
Sane Serene
I come from a small town in Kedah and moved to KL 3 years ago. Back in my place, people don't really speak in English, Chinese and dialect was our main language. Mastering English doesn't come easily to me. In Form 1, as I was reading through a biography of an author, I came across the word 'passion'. I look for the meaning with the old way - dictionary. Ever since then, it is my belief. I am a passion-driven person. I hold strong passion in my life, and with that, nothing will stop me for striving forward.

Insane Serene
If I tell you who I am, would you believe me?
If you would, okay, I am actually a secret agent from FBI USA sent here for a highly confidential mission.
If you wouldn't, no point telling me about myself.

What's your worst quality?
Sane Serene
I would have to say I am a super workaholic. Once I get started on a project, I will not want to stop until it's over. And I am always over-concentrated. Often I would neglected things around me when I am focusing on one issue. My best friend knew me so well. For instance, when I am reading or doing something else, she would actually tell others - save your energy from talking to her, she goes into the book already.

Insane Serene
Well, even I do have one, I won't tell you k. Next question.

Okay, I give up. I really don't know what am I typing now. It took me forever to reach here.

My mascara-ed eyelashes are feeling very heavy on my lid, and my mind is blur. I mean it literally, blur. I can see this white blurry space in front of me. And we my boss walking pass behind me from time to time, this is not a very good time to blog. Well, I just want to write about something, even if it is a crappy one.

0 comments: