A Novel

I write my own story. For those of you who don't like it, well, as if there is anything you can do other than f-off :P

Last Chapter of My Internship

“It is good to have an end to journey toward;
but it is the journey that matters, in the end”
~Ursula K. LeGuin~

I never like the way I feel whenever I am reaching the ending of a novel. Never.

Now, I am feeling exactly the same way. My 3-months internship in Grey Global ended today.

I won't say I have grown mature after this internship, there is no way I can judge myself, of course I would bias myself :) Nonetheless, this 3 months journey had widen my vision, and show me my flaws and all the shortcoming I had been ignoring over the years. After all, I am never a perfect person, and I do not wish to be flawless person in the future neither. Perfect is just simply dull :)

Over the past 3 months, I had been dreadful about having to wake up at 6 every morning, and having to spend whole day in the office. Like a kiddy girl waiting for Christmas present, I anticipated the last day of my internship and I expected myself to be like a freed monkey, jumping here and there. Ironically, the reality always seem to be different with my expectation.

It's hard to believe my internship finally ended, there are so much I wish to do in Grey, and so many people I haven't get to know. Looking back, I have done several(maybe more than that) mistakes and foolish acts. It feels sucks to know you are not doing a great job, but hey, I will learn from my mistake! The next time you see me, I will be better!!

Reading the last chapter of the novel is never easy for me. This is the time I when I usually regretted for not spending more times on understanding all the details and also the characters in the story. But hey, why look back when you a bright future radiating brightly in front of you? I am ready to start a new book, and this time, I learn and will not let myself regret :)

Stay confident and keep smiling!

3 comments:

Hey, "Stay confident and keep smiling", is exactly what Sean told me....hahahaha you must have quoted from him. but indeed it's a good experience huh?? =) at first i thought i didn't smile enough during my internship.

 

Stay positive! Thats the spirit!

My internship ends 2 weeks later, end of May. But I feel so bitter already. College will be so different from now on... Sigh~

Anyway, see you back in college!

 

I am not going to talk about your internship...(okok, should I at least "congrat" you for being freed as a monkey edi?=D)

Rather, I like the way you describe 'perfectionism',I like it when you said "being perfect is dull" (serene, 2009).

haha, I was a perfectionist (maybe still 'am')....perfectionism, has really cost me a lot of unnecessary troubles and stress...it caused be to be an unhappy girl who forgot to smile because of studies and assignments.
It really makes my life dull.

Perhaps this quotation from a lecturer of mine (I like to call him IQ professor)came to me just in time...

"perfectionism and innovation seldom coexist peacefully"

Do ponder about it, and tell me what do you understand about it.;)