A Novel

I write my own story. For those of you who don't like it, well, as if there is anything you can do other than f-off :P

A yellow friend tells me...

Other men said they have seen angels,
But I have seen thee
And thou art enough.
~ by G. Moore ~

Second day of my precious holidays, I promise myself to do something constructive instead of idling around my house after wasted my first off day on basically nothing.

A very nice little bird woke me up at 10 in the morning and I am grateful that I did not trash my handphone on the floor. Weekends usually mean my turn for cleaning the house. I swept the floor, mop it, washed the clothes and bedsheet, and wiped the furniture. Here, I decidedly swear to myself, I will not become a housewife in the future, even if my future husband threatens to divorce me!

Chun Kit arrived later in the morning. Ever since our internship started, we had been spending our weekends on my place together. I never told him how much I enjoy his presence here. Even with him just sit there and play with computer for whole day, seeing him there is all I could ask for.

My dad went out early in the morning, and after all the extreme-household-chore, I was starving!! Out of nowhere, my stomach told me she wants to eat egg tart!! The bright sunny creamy yellow-orange egg tart! I called my dad, asking him to pick up some egg tart for me on his way home.

“I am reaching the car park already, you eat bread lar…”

Okay, no egg tart for my stomach.

The rest of my day went on with no thunder. I watched some Hong Kong drama on DVD, online and went for a swim with Chun Kit.

I am starting to enjoy my moment with the water. For some reasons, I never find being in a large pool of water is safe. I think it’s the insecurity and my inability to lose some grips. There are times when I feel like letting go of the floating board I was holding, and to be freed in the water. Chun Kit likes to float on the water and just stare at the tranquil blue sky while listening to the serene sound of water.Sometimes, a peaceful moment is all it needs to keep a person sane.

We went for dinner with auntie’s family in a hawker stall. As usual, Chun Kit will join us for dinner. After half plate of fried tom yam noodles, and some fried chicken, my stomach was still not very much satisfied. Sigh, after one week hardship of dieting, I was baffled by my stupid stomach. I went to order some fishball. As I turned around and walked back to our able from the fishball stall, I saw a silly guy stood in front of me with an egg tart.

“Why…” a speechless Serene trying to understand.

I bought for my mom you dumbass.” Chun Kit said sarcastically.

I grinned like a little girl.

To be honest, the egg tart is not very nice in taste. Nonetheless, it tells me I am one lucky blessed girl :)


1 comments:

cool blog you have here, will definitely drop by again! Cheers! See you in coll!